A Help Ticket, with a technical description and justification for your request, is required for all special requests. Every effort will be made to accomodate (well-justified) requests. Proprietary software can be installed, but the requestor must provide the license. Examples of special request include:
- Installation of applications software or specialized libraries on CARC systems. Please include the following information in your request:
- machines on which software is required
- pointer to website from which source or executable can be downloaded
- brief phrase describing the applications domain (e.g., "computation fluid dynamics", "astrophysics", "CUDA GPU-enabled compiler")
- specific version of the code needed. Note: beta-test versions are strongly discouraged unless the "latest and greatest" capabilities are absolutely necessary for your research.
- Extended (ultra-long) runs for a special research project or deadline.
- Request for use of a greater percentage of a machine than is normally available (e.g., for a performance or code scaling study, or for an ultra-large problem).
- Large-scale ( > 1 TB ) storage on the Research Storage Consortium (RSC) mass storage system.